What SAIT courses do OTI offer?
- Occupational Certificate: Tax Technician (NQF 6)
- SAIT Exam Preparation Courses:
– Tax Technician: Knowledge competency assessment preparation (KCA)
– Tax Technician: External integrated summative assessment preparation (EISA)
– Tax Professional: Knowledge competency assessment preparation (KCA)
– Tax Professional: External integrated summative assessment preparation (EISA)
Who is the SAIT?
The South African Institute of Tax Professionals (SAIT) is a recognised professional body focusing solely on taxation. It is a professional association of tax professionals regulating tax practitioners in South Africa. SAIT promotes and focuses on the public interest, professional standards, ethics and integrity, albeit promoting the tax industry and its members.
Any person who wants to be a Tax Practitioner needs to be registered with SARS and a recognised controlling body, such as the South African Institute of Tax Professionals (SAIT), in terms of Section 240A of the Tax Administration Act 2011 (as amended).
Benefits of obtaining the SAIT Tax Technician qualification
When you join SAIT, you are demonstrating to clients, government and the public at large that you are serious about your commitment to the tax field. You are not merely an accountant, a lawyer, a payroll administrator or other technician but a professional, knowledgeable about tax, that deserves community recognition.
When you join SAIT, you become part of a community. Each professional needs supporting group services. SAIT seeks to provide you with these complimentary group services that you cannot find elsewhere.
SAIT is the only professional member body within South Africa dedicated exclusively to the tax field, as such:
- Tax Practitioner Registration: SAIT membership provides you with the means to obtain a “practitioner number” from SARS so that you can legally provide the full range of client tax services required when dealing with SARS. Unlike other organisations, SAIT also has the personnel to connect you to the right locations within SARS for a speedy connection.
- Tax Designation: SAIT membership is recognised by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) so that your tax expertise can be fully recognised by your peers, clients and the public at large. This membership can be added to your title and includes access to the SAIT logo for your professional use.